1-0-8 The Magic Number
1) 1-0-8 is a technologically acceptable number enabling the processing of calls to occur faster
2) 1-0-8 functions effectively as a user friendly number because during a crisis situation the eye automatically searches the first digit on the number pad which is 1 and then moves downward to find 0.This is the exact order in which 1-0-8 is being laced.
3) 1-0-8 is a primordial number resonating accross countries, cultures, religions and is also a prime number to astrologers, astronomers, linguists and mathematicians.
4) 1-0-8 beads of a rosary for 108 incantations is a namajapa of a Personal God.
5) Krishna is said to have danced with 108 Gopis the ecstatic Raasa Leela on moon lit nights in Brindavan.
6) Cosmic Dancer Lord Natraja danced the 108 karanas or momentory freezes.
7) The ancient Indians were excellent mathematicians and 108 may be the product of a precise mathematical operation (eg. 1 power * 2 power 2 * 3 power 3 = 1080 which was thought to have special numerological significance.
8) Sanskrit alphabet: There are 54 letters in the Sanskrit alphabet.Each has a masculine and feminine, shiva and shakti, 54 times 2 is 108.
9) Heart Chakra : The chakras are the intersection of energy lines and there are said to be a total of 108 energy lines converging to form the heart chakra.One of them sushuma leads to the crown chakra, and is said to be the path of self realisation.
10) The diameter of the sun is 108 times the diameter of the earth.
11) The number 108 is used in Islam to refer to God.
12) In the Jain religion , 108 are the combined virtues of five categories of holy ones, including 12, 8, 36, 25 and 27 virtues respectively.
13) It is said that the human soul goes through 108 stages on a journey.
14) In Japan, at the end of the year, a bell is chimed 108 times to finish the old year and welcome the new one.Each ring represents one of 108 earthly temptations a person must overcome to achieve nirvana.