· Economic viability and Social responsibility – main consideration for taking up of the projects.
· ‘Inclusive growth and expansion of rail network’ for development of the country.
· Special Task Force to clear proposals for investments within 100 days.
· A separate structure will be created within the Railways for implementation of the business models.
· Of the 120 new trains, extensions and increase in frequencies announced, 117 would be flagged off by the end of March 2010.
· Recruitment policy of the Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) has been reviewed.
· RRB examination fee for woman candidates and those belonging to minority and economically backward classes waived.
· All question papers to be set in Hindi, Urdu, English and in local State languages and examination for a particular post will be held on the same date simultaneously by all RRBs.
· Izzat Scheme, implemented within three months of announcement.
· Work initiated in all the 67 Multi-functional Complexes (MFCs).
Development of Adarsh Stations started in phases.
· 94 stations to be upgraded as Adarsh Stations
· 10 more stations identified to be converted as World Class Stations
· Construction of additional 93 Multi Functional Complexes
· Multi-level parking through PPP route.
· Six clean drinking water bottling plants to be set up through PPP for providing cheap bottled drinking water.